Tonight is the night. After one loooooong, miserable week of being put on insta-mute without warning or explanation, I can finally get back to my regularly scheduled programming!! This calls for chocolate.
I’m a biiiiiig fan of chocolate and mint together. I love mint-chocolate-chip ice cream, I’m always making mint-chocolate-chip green smoothies, and if you’ve ever been a guest in my home, you know I like to leave little chocolate-covered mints on your pillow. But my fave is the Nordstrom Cafe mints. Anytime I go there and they bring those little chocolate-covered buttermint sticks with the bill, I rejoice. I don’t care if I’m completely stuffed, I’ll still rip that lil guy open right then and there and savor every last morsel. Now that I no longer live within a ten-mile radius of three different Nordstroms from which to choose, if I want to get a chocolate buttermint fix on the regular, I’ve gotta make it myself.
Except I made it better. And gooier. And just basically mind-blowing-er. You take a bite and rich, creamy, buttery, mildly minty filling ooooooozes from the confines of its salted chocolate prison. It’s IN. sane. Try it. Just trust.
- Chocolate Shell:
- ¼ cup vegan dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (I used Nutiva brand)
- 1 tbsp cashew butter (I used Artisana Organics brand)
- 2 tsp Nutiva buttery flavor coconut oil
- a few drops of peppermint extract
- tiny drizzlet of maple syrup
- Maldon sea salt flakes for topping
- First, I joined the cashew butter, buttery coconut oil, peppermint extract and maple syrup together as one, stirring it all together into one little blob of buttery, mildly minty numminess.
- Then, I melted the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Then, I stirred it all together until it was one big, melty bowl of chocolate-y goodness.
- I lined a muffin tin with two muffin liners and spooned a little chocolate into each little cup, just enough to cover the bottoms. Then, I split up the filling between the two cups, then spooned the remaining chocolate on top of each little glob of filling.
- I sprinkled a little flaked sea salt on top of each cup (gotta have the salty with the sweet - it MAKES the whole thing), then I set the tin in the fridge and went about my biz for the day.
- Then, as usual, I waited until my boys went to sleep so I could stuff my face in peace, no sharing required.